Problems with Updates

Kennneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Wed Oct 29 21:37:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:19:56 -0700, NoOp wrote:

> On 10/28/2008 05:40 PM, Kennneth P. Turvey wrote:

>>> Is this a Dell and did it have sound before the last kernel update?  I
>>> guess there were two weren't there, but the second one didn't fix it
>>> either did it?
>>
>> Yes, it is a Dell Inspiron 1525 and sound still isn't working.  I've
>> installed all the updates up to today's.
>>

> I assume you've used Google?
> <http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2B%22Dell
+Inspiron+1525%22+%2Bsound&btnG=Search>

> Perhaps:
> <http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_8.04/Issues/
No_Sound_After_Distribution_Upgrade>

I looked at these but they don't apply.  This system has been running
Hardy and working fine.  It was an update to Hardy that broke things.
I'm actually thinking of doing a reinstall and doing updates
selectively.  Everything worked fine for a good while.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>

  I ask, sir, what is the militia?  It is the whole people, except for
  a few public officials.
        -- George Mason, Virginia ratification convention 1788