OT: printer support [was: Re: Should I add this Repo?]

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Oct 29 17:36:12 UTC 2008

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> Read the entire threads and decide for yourself. It does go on an on. And it matters not to me how you decide, I did what I had to do. I'm not upset with Derek's defense of proper Ubuntu usage but with his sarcastic, condescending and total disrespect for people and their opinions and feelings. Your comments above and the original response to it says a lot about Derek and his personality. I'm no tough guy; just a somewhat frail 71 yr old that can just barely walk due to bad back and failed surgery. So, why do you think I would get so upset to say what I did? Others have commented of the issue and I didn't get upset with them. Read the entire post and decide for yourself.
> I do apologize to Karl, not meaning to insult him but to only to point out that I wouldn't take it a meekly as he does. Sorry, Karl, I shouldn't have mentioned your name.
> But if I'm a "craptastic Internet tough guy", pray tell me just what Derek is?
> I'm not the only one to get upset with Derek and his ways and it's not the first time for me. There's been at least one other calling down Derek in the last 3 or 4 months that you might remember if you read all the list.
> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

Sorry, I'm not going to join you on the "let's complain about Derek" train.

I like him, and I've butted heads with him on this list as often as anyone.

Obviously you don't share my opinion, and that's fine as well.  But you
had the simple choice of disengaging from the conversation.. Instead you
turn to personal insults and threats, something which, as far as I know,
Derek has never done.