Photo management

Ulf Rompe Ulf.Rompe at icem.com
Wed Oct 29 13:04:53 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 28.10.2008, 19:15 -0400 schrieb Frank McCormick:
> Nice software...I guess...but it required the download of about 15
> megs to run on this platform. No thanks. I'll survive I guess with
> gthumb and something I ran across a while back called "fotoxx".

I don't want to argue, but isn't 15 MB a piece of cake compared to the
space the photos you will manage with this software will eat up? My
camera can save 5 raw photos in 15 MB, but then it is just a 6 megapixel
model. Newer cameras with higher definition will use much more disk
space.

BTW the big download results from F-Spot being written in C# and thus
depending on the mono libs. These may be of use for other software like
Banshee or Tomboy as well.

[x] ulf
--
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head.