Wanted - accurate audio output of french place names

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:31:54 UTC 2008

I am doing some spoken audio for a presentation about WWII.  The text
contains some locations in France that I have no idea how to pronounce
properly, and I'd rather not mangle them.  Is there a way to get
accurate francais text to speech audio on my Hardy box?  Or another
solution I haven't thought of?

Personally, I kinda doubt it, but since I don't know anyone from
France, and don't know of an easy way to contact those mythical
people, I'm grasping at straws.  It would be cool if someone like that
was on this list, but even then I couldn't ask since this list is for
Ubuntu related technical questions, and I wouldn't want to wander that
far off topic and get everybody mad at me....

Brian