Ubunto download

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue Oct 28 21:13:05 UTC 2008

jeffgd at comcast.net wrote:
> I have downloaded the program but it is an .iso file and I cannot
> open it.  Can someone tell me what I did wrong or what to do next,
> please? Jeff

You now need to burn the ISO disk image to a CD-R. Using a program
such as Nero on Windows or Toast on Mac. What the burner program is
doesn't matter too much. But what is important is that it understand
how to burn a bootable disk from the image as opposed to just copying
the file onto the CD-R, which would be useless for installing Ubuntu.

So, what operating system are you currently on? What software do you
have available to burn the ISO image to a bootable CD-R?
NP: nothing