OT: printer support [was: Re: Should I add this Repo?]

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 28 14:44:19 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/10/27 Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>:
>> I still call that great support even with the --force-architecture.
>
> Because in your case you were lucky and nothing broke. Had it broken
> PulseAudio, or mpeg playback, or your internet connection, then who
> would you have blamed?

I was particularly intrigued by NoOp's post where he said it called
for "--force-all --force-architecture" - the --force-architecture seems
just barely acceptable, but --force-all?  What if they include some file
(in /bin, for instance) that exists in another obscure, but vital to you,
package?  That just got replaced, sorry...
--
derek