OT: printer support [was: Re: Should I add this Repo?]

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:10:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/27 Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>:
>> I still call that great support even with the --force-architecture.
>
> Because in your case you were lucky and nothing broke. Had it broken
> PulseAudio, or mpeg playback, or your internet connection, then who
> would you have blamed? Would you still call that great support?
> Because even if it did not break anything on your system, it would
> very likely break things on other systems.

OK boys - I think we beat this horse to death now :-)

Established - Brother provides support for linux that makes their
customers happy and want to pass that info on.
            - Brother needs to package their drivers better for the 64
bit version, because their use of --force is a poor choice.
            - This list loves to beat arguments in the ground, stomp
on them for a while, and then smack 'em around some more to make sure
we're all really sure that we got our licks in :-)

Brian