OT: printer support [was: Re: Should I add this Repo?]

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 20:02:07 UTC 2008

Obviously we disagree and you seem to be ignoring the fact that my printer is brand new and the drivers are not downstream yet. True, HP has the drivers in most distros if not all but I wouldn't spend my money for one of their low printing quality, high priced, ink grubbing printers. I'd stay with Epson before that. I did read all your reasons listed below and on your previous posts and think you might be doing Brother a discredit. Personally, I was very pleased that I was able to install my printer from Brother's site when the new drivers were not downstream yet. I still call that great support even with the --force-architecture.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net