How can I execute an iptables script at login time?

Zoltán Horváth horvathzoltanster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:26:38 UTC 2008

Hello for all:

I use Ubuntu 8.04. It is the first time when in my weak language
knowledge I try create a question in English.
I found an iptables-script in the Internet. When I ran it first time
it missed a directory but I created it. Now I started it manually
after every login, but now I would start it automatically at login
time. If I googleit right, the file I need the /etc/profile. (Very
strange for me, it has no execution right.) I created a directory for
the firewall-script and for a log file in the /etc directory with name
MyEtc. I modified the original iptables-script for needs of BOINC. I
attach the two script with txt extension and changed all point to
underline mark, because I don't want any calamity. From contents the
log fie I recognize this solution not able to work.
I know the mistake I take very general, but I now only this level
about Linux. I am sure you have same idea which can help me. Or the
solution.

Thanks, Zoli

P.S. The long ls of these two files:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 608 2008-10-26 11:29 profile
-rwx------ 1 root root 1395 2008-10-09 12:34 start-firewall.sh