manual for CPU temperature parameters

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Oct 26 23:12:35 UTC 2008

Thufir wrote:

> When I run lshw I get:

> I've looked on the Intel website for a manual with the CPU temperature
> parameters, no luck so far.  I did find:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/xserver-xorg-driver-ati/+bug/73473
>
> which implies that 65 degrees Celsius is hot, but would like to reference
> a manual.

I can't figure out what your point is here.  That bug has nothing to do with
CPU temperature, except to point out that when CPU load goes down, the
temperature did too.  Not to mention the fact that ampsters post about his
temperature seems to be completely unrelated to the bug report anyway.  In
any case, 65C is probably hot - definitely too hot to be comfortable for a
laptop, but not outside spec for most parts.  My laptop doesn't start to
worry until 70+ - which is annoying because that's _way_ to hot to actually
sit on my lap.

> I gather that that I have the 560, but cannot find a manual to download.

Strictly, it should be in /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/trip_points - those
values come from the manufacturer
--
derek