customizing ubuntu desktops for a group of users

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:09:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Kumar Goswami <kumar.goswami at kaviza.com>wrote:

> How can I do this witih Ubuntu?  When a user logs in, I'd like to
> automatically connect them to their home disk (which may be served by a
> network storage server) and bring up their desktop look and feel (if they
> had changed things the last time they were in those changes should show up
> at this login).

It sounds like you know how to do this already.  Linux is a Unix variant
(there doesn't actually exist an OS called Unix).

When you add a user and select their home directory, feel free to put that
directory on a network share or a local directory - up to you.

And, of course, you can manage their desktop look and feel for them, or
allow them to do so themselves.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own