Ubuntu upgrading technique [Was: Re: Partition-conclusions]

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 26 05:45:05 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 10/25/08, Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net> wrote:

> From: Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net>
> Subject: Re: Ubuntu upgrading technique [Was: Re: Partition-conclusions]
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:58:31PM -0700, Leonard Chatagnier
> wrote:
> >
> > Now that's a pregnant idea that I haven't
> gotten around to doing.
> > Sounds like a great idea when you're having
> configuration issues and
> > have no idea of what goes where.  Thanks for the
> thought which I'll
> > try.
>
> You're welcome. On the last upgrade, I had no email,
> due to
> network_manager mucking things up, so it was a godsend to
> be able to
> reboot with a working distro.
>
> At first I thought there was no added content in your
> reply, but then I
> found it, looking for all the world like part of the quote
> of my post.
>
> I hope that the clearer attribution here clarifies who
> wrote what.
> (I understand that an inadequate MUA may be the source of
> the problem. ;-))

You are right.  I use Yahoo web mail and their latest revision is quirky to say the least but I like it versus TB or Evolution. I can usually fix it by cancelling the reply, compose after switching back to plain text and recomposing but due to laziness, I didn't this time.
Sorry for that. Again, thanks for the tip,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net