Partition problem

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Sat Oct 25 14:23:42 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     This is excellent! You have never tried to change the size of a
> Extended partition and you just gave me bad advice :-)
>
>     As it happens parted will not change a Extended partition even
> though there is 100 GB of free space.
>
>     You chew me out for giving users bad advice and then you give ME bad
> advice!

Just use gparted to graphically resize partitions, best using Rescue Is
Possible bootable ISO, and take arguing to the private email. This is
the same arguing and bitching that has been going round and round for
awhile. At some point just acknowledge that like smearing political
opponents and teenagers acting like morons this is just the way things
are and let it go. It's better for your blood pressure.