Partition problem

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Oct 25 09:03:51 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> So, you  first need to shrink the logical partitions and then you
> can add new logical partitions in the free space inside the extended
> partition.

I think you missed the problem. The extended partition doesn't use the
space of the disk to the end. Therefore there is no need to shrink
existing partitions. If you look at the fdisk output it says there are
19457 cylinders while the extended partition ends at 5598. Therefore I
think it would be sufficient to only resize the extended partition. Then
there should be plenty of space for new logical partitions. I suppose
that can be done with fdisk, but as I am not sure (and I don't have a
spare disk to test it), I can't advise doing it.

Nils