Webcam & xsane in 8.10RC

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 21:04:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 09:29:19 +1300
Jeff <captain.jeffrey.t.spaulding at gmail.com> wrote:

J> Hi , have just installed 64bit 8.10RC and having problem with Philips
J> SPC 900NC webcam not working and Scanner not working. When i start
J> xsane the webcam light comes on, and the xsane window says "Philips
J> SPC900NC" instead of "Lide 20" for my scanner. It seems like the
J> webcam and scanner programs have got mixed somehow?  The webcam and
J> Scanner both work perfectly in Hardy.  Wonder if anyone can enlighten
J> me please? Thanks Jeff

Have you tried bringing up the device dialogue in xsane? I recall when I
used to have a TV card in my machine that always appeared as the default
for xsane, but the dialogue would show the Epson scanner as well.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |