UBUNTU-8.10

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Oct 24 16:39:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 09:33 +0200, Florian Diesch wrote:
> Due to newer drivers I'd expect 8.10 to be more stable on some
> hardware.

Well, this may be a reasonable expectation, and then it might not. In
practice it depends entirely on the particular hardware of a given
system. E.g., the proprietary ATi driver gained support for the xorg
version in Intrepid just 2 weeks ago or so, so I would not expect
increased stability from that.

In any case, "stability" does not only extend to driver/kernel
stability, it also means application stability and package stability
(i.e., software functionality stays the same for a longer time), and if
the OP values these, LTS is a better choice, IMHO