UBUNTU-8.10

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Oct 23 17:42:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 09:54 -0700, scot.mcpherson at gmail.com wrote:
> I have a quick question. I have been waiting for the release of 8.10
> before I dive into ubuntu, however it occurs to me the possibilty that
> the beta/rc version available today is likely to be exactly the same
> as the released version.
>
> Is there any reason I should wait for the release version?

There will absolutely be fixes between now and release. These are the
release-critical bugs that are still open:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+bugs?field.milestone=1326

These are all bugs targeted for 8.10, some of them may be fixed, too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+bugs?field.milestone=1326

I run 8.10 Beta and for me it works very well, but YMMV. In general,
note that releases that are not designated "LTS" include the newest
software and tend to have more bugs than LTS releases. So if you value
stability and absence of errors more than the newest features, stick to
8.04.