updates available notifier

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 23 17:34:46 UTC 2008

On 10/22/2008 07:31 PM, ssc1478 wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:16:26 -0600
> Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
>

>> I think you can go into Synaptic Package Manager and install or
>> reinstall update-manager. That is the program that should put that up
>> there. Maybe it got uninstalled by accident?
>>

> Update manager is there - just not the notifier.  I can try
> reinstalling.

In Synaptic: search on 'update' & you will find the update-notifier
packages - reinstall. Or from a terminal:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall update-notifier-common update-notifier
sudo apt-get update

Note: don't do 'sudu apt-get upgrade' just yet, first see if the
notifier appears. If it does not, then 'sudu apt-get upgrade' & don't
answer yes to upgrade, instead post the output of that command here.