SOLVED Re: Still trying to get to 1680x1050 WAS: Upgrade to 8.04 stuck in 800x600

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 23 17:26:34 UTC 2008

On 10/23/2008 08:38 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> It's still listed in the Canadian mirrors... Open Synaptic & check on
>> Repositories & Canada. I just switched to gulus.usherbrooke.ca to test
>> and it seems to work just fine.
>
> I tried that, and it doesn't give me a selection for "Canada", I have to
> fill in my own URLs.
>
> Adept let me select "Canada", but only gives me ca.archive.ubuntu.com - no
> wonder I was surprised to find gulus.sherbrooke.ca was official.

Odd. In Synaptic:

Settings|Repositories|Download from|Other| and I see Australia, Austria,
Belglium, Bosina & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, CS, Canada,
etc., etc. And under Canada I see:

ftp.cs.mun.ca
gpl.savoirfairelinux.net
gulus.usherbrooke.ca
mirror.arcticnetwork.ca
mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca
mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
ubuntu.mirror.rafal.ca

I'll fire up the KDE machine later & see that that shows.