Remote desktop in Ubuntu

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:15:26 UTC 2008

Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is it possible for a Windows user to connect to my Ubuntus desktop through some client for Windows and we can work with the system at the same time?
> If so, what client?
> Many thanks,
> Christian

I use tightvnc viewer for such a situation.
http://www.tightvnc.com/download.html

Works great. If the distance is very large between the remote machine
and  my computer (say, half a world away), I just use the 8 bit color
option.

BTW, for security, I always use the vnc viewer by tunneling it through
an SSH tunnel (google will tell you how).

Regards.

ever having been read.