Just for fun

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:57:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:44 AM, Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com> wrote:
> Brian McKee wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:32 PM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:

>> Um - isn't that OS/2 ?   I didn't think OS9 ever ran on a CoCo  (but
>> it's a Motorola isn't it... hmmmm...  Still got one around here
>> somewhere - with a third party floppy I think....  I've never run
>> OS/2)
>
> I think is correct, the CoCo 2 was a 6809 processor that OS9 ran
> on. I used a Gimix Ghost that ran OS9 Level II, which the CoCo
> 2 could run also. The older CoCo only ran Level I.

Yep - you're right - was getting my OS9 's confused....  Still
remember the guy locally that had a potentiometer stuck thru the lid
of his hooked up to the clock circuit to 'overclock it' long before
I'd ever heard of that term.   Looking back at it I wonder if he was
feeding gulible teenagers a line, but the guy was really good with
microelectronics...

Brian