Issue with Update Manager

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:03:12 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am having a small issue using the update manager and I thought that
someone might be able to help me out. I have a few packages that simply
refuse to be selected for upgrade. For some reason, whenever I try to update
everything in the list Ubuntu tells me that I cannot and leave out a few
packages. Right now I am unable to update, R and the General Linux Kernel,
which I assume is a bit problematic.

I am also offered the option of a partial upgrade which we when run doesn't
seem to remove anything from my list although it does give me the following
error message:

GPG error: http://cran.stat.sfu.ca hardy/ Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
D67FC6EAE2A11821GPG error: http://wine.budgetdedicated.com hardy Release:
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 58403026387EE263GPG error:
http://packages.medibuntu.org hardy Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
2EBC26B60C5A2783Failed to fetch http://apt.wicd.net/dists/hardy/Release.gpg
Failed to fetch
http://apt.wicd.net/dists/hardy/extras/i18n/Translation-en_CA.bz2
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

I would love to get this sorted out. At the very least could anyone shine
any light on the PUBKEY issue?

Thanks for your time.

Sam