How is Intrepid looking on Gnome and Xubuntu?

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:42:52 UTC 2008

And on my system with (laptop with
nvidia GeForce  7150M (rev a2)
the live CD does'nt even run .......................................
on the last daily CD .............

kjetil

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Sarunas Burdulis
> <sarunas at math.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Knapp wrote:
> >> Intrepid?? KDE4 is causing a ruckus, how is Gnome with the new system?
> >> Do you like 8.10? Is it a good upgrade or will it just be something
> >> not to bother with?
> >
> > How are we to know what's important to you?... Here is a sampling of
> > some new features, take a look and decide by yourself:
> >
> http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/intrepid/beta#New%20Features%20since%20Ubuntu%208.04
> >
> > I'm running Intrepid (with Gnome, KDE, Xfce) ever since it appeared in
> > repositories and I still like it...
> >
> > Hardy is an LTS edition, Intrepid isn't.
> >
> > Šarūnas Burdulis
> > Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>
> Simple, if it works it is good, if it crashes all the time it sucks.
>

> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page

"Perhaps there is no such thing as unilateral power. After all, the man 'in
power' depends on receiving information all the time from outside. He
responds to that information just as much as he 'causes' things to
happen...it is an interaction, and not a lineal situation. But the myth of
power is, of course, a very powerful myth, and probably most people in this
world more or less believe in it. It is a myth, which, if everybody believes
in it, becomes to that extent self-validating. But it is still
epistemological lunacy and leads inevitably to various sorts of disaster."
                -- Gregory Bateson