not seeing Openoffice.org 3 in my Office or Graphics menu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 23:39:26 UTC 2008

On 10/20/2008 10:28 AM, Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 10/16/2008 08:11 PM, Scott Berry wrote:
>>> 	Hello there,
>>>
>>> I am not seeing the menu items for OOO.  Here's what I have done so far:
>>>

>> If you are still having problems, here is an guide with illustrations:
>>
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-openoffice-3.0.0-on-ubuntu-8.04
>>

> In order to have all menu items correctly installed, you have to browse
> install file and execute the .DEB inside subfolder "desktop-integration".
> HTH,

You obviously failed to read what I wrote previously; this will _only_
work _if_ you've uninstalled the existing (U)OOo. The guide that I
provided the link to also shows this, and shows how to add a menu item
if you wish to keep your (U)OOo installed (recommended because OOo3
doesn't interfere with (U)OOo like 2.4 did).