ubuntu & kubuntu

Bo Grimes boslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 18:38:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
<snip>

> and worst, I lost the menuline at the bottom of the screen, and cannot
> get it back!!!  what to do? When I restart the computer, the kde
> menuline appears for a few seconds, then disappear, and I cannot get it
> back. That makes kde less than usefull!

I haven't been following this thread, so forgive me if I missed something.

By 'menuline' I assume you mean the panel at the bottom with the KDE menu,
taskbar, destopr switcher and notification area.

I'd check to see it it's set to auto hide.  I'm assuming it's not or it
should show up when you put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the
screen.

If it doesn't show up when you do that, right click the desktop, and click
run command.  I think KDE has that option, but it's been awhile.  If not,
alt+F2 ought to start a run command dialogue.  Then type in kcontrol to
bring up the KDE Control Center, click on Desktop, then panels and see if
there's some setting there that you can change.

Sorry, that's all I can suggest.