Fwd: How to make my xwindow logon faster in Ubuntu?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Oct 18 18:50:59 UTC 2008

loody wrote:
> I found the time is waisting on initialize drm driver.
> I attach dmesg efore and after my xwindow activated.
> The time stamps are different almost 10 mins.

Sorry, but I can only see a difference of 6s, not 10min. However I don't
think you can see much in the dmesg log. I would rather expect to find a
graphics related problem in Xorg.0.log.

> Does that mean my drm driver have error?

Maybe, but I can't tell you anything about ATI cards. Again, have a look
at your Xorg.0.log. And please post the output of the lspci command - at
least the part about the graphics card. Maybe someone who knows ATI cards
has an idea what to do.

Nils