[Media] 8.04 Servers - Wikipedia

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 18 13:53:31 UTC 2008

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>  said:
> 2008/10/18 Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net>:
> > "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>  said:
> >> Before Fedora came around, arrogance was the norm. Fedora was the
> >> first Linux mailing list that was truly newbie friendly.
> >
> > Fedora dates from 2003.  The nicest GNUbie friendly Linux mailing
> > list I've had the pleasure to join was the Libranet list from 1999.
> > That is, until Ubuntu's, of course!
> >

> I'll have to dig for that. I am unfamiliar with it.
>
> Imagine what would have happened to those posting on a thread like
> this on the slack / gentoo lists! Nomex, ready!

Try here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libranet
I know that Wikipedia isn't seen as very authoritative but this article
is pretty spot on.

As for the enlightened gurus who come off as rude, have you ever
encountered Peter T. Breuer?  A very intelligent and informed gent, he
has no time for the less experienced.  Usenet's comp.os.linux is one
location where he has been spotted.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.