Restore latest kernel

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 17 20:32:19 UTC 2008

On 10/17/2008 08:16 AM, Mike Adolf wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>> Mike Adolf wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, I tried tvtime which was working with an older tv wonder analog
>>>

>> May I ask which card it was? I have a old Ati TV Wonder and was
>> wondering if somebody has that working in a Linux box.
>>
>> Regars.
>>
> It is a TV Wonder VE 2000 vintage.
> The chipset has the following written on it.
> Connexant
> fusion 878A
> 25878-13
>
> When I was using it and if I remember correctly dmesg said a bttv driver
> was used.
>
> Mike

OK, despite all the to&fro in this thread; now that you are back to
normal, Mark is correct in that you should now go back and figure out
what went wrong.

1. Please provide the links that you used for information on installing
the firmware/compiling the kernel for the pctv 800i, and what steps you
took.

2. Please provide the relevent card info (only) from both:

lspci -vv
and
sudo lshw