Skype over bluetooth? (yes, I have googled!)

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:46:36 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/10/17 H.S. <hs.samix at gmail.com>:
>> Not sure if you have tried: open up audacity and from its preferences
>> see if it lists your bluetooth device as a recording device.
>>

> No, not there!
>
>> Finally, have you tried these steps:
>> http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?p=4910397
>>

> Yes, that is where I started from!
>
> I get up to step 14 in the list. aplay works, arecord does not.
> Naturally, I am playing back a different file (a wav file that I have
> had lying around).

I have never used bluetooth myself. But it looks like you have followed
all the basics there are for common sound problem. Perhaps now it
requires special opinion. Are you subscribed to any Linux bluetooth
mailing lists? If not, it might be a good idea to try those.

Also, this website gives some nice information (also check whether your
device is supported):
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml
I think this website is a good place to go through to see where your
setup is going wrong.

Sorry couldn't help more.

Regards.

ever having been read.