[Media] 8.04 Servers - Wikipedia

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Oct 17 01:05:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 09:12 +1000, Res wrote:
> *sigh* you aint listented to a thing i've said have you, he only applies
> upstream fixes, its always been policy and thats what makes us all happy,

So you don't get fixes if upstream abandons a package. This is a
different definition of "supported" than Ubuntu has. Thanks for clearing
that up

> maybe you need to go back to
> winshit if you need a GUI and firefox on a server.

It was a general question, as you said flatly that there is 5 years
support at least for THE DISTRO, not for its server packages.
I gave an upstream-unsupported apache version as another, but that would
endanger your opinion and so you ignore it.

> Oh wikipedia doesnt have it, oh my, i forgot they are the authortitive
> source of everything  *snickers*, the proof is the eating of the
> pudding.try away, try hard.

Dude, slackware.com makes the info about support not easy to find, as I
wrote. My oh my you are so insecure, it's sad.