Ubuntu will not boot. Busybox (initramfs)

Kirk Batzer kbatzer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 16 22:55:24 UTC 2008

Ubuntu will not boot at all  Goes to Busybox.  Trial or attempt to install
same issue.
Ubuntu version 8.04.1
Hardware - motherboard Asus P5Q Delux.  Latest BIOS from ASUS
Hard drive: SATA - 5 Segate 750 Baracuda drives
SATA drives configured in BIOS as IDE Compatable.  Tried IDE Enhanced.  No
change
4GB RAM
I'm trying to start the Trial version without the install.  It goes to
Busybox
Tried burning multiple CDs.  No Change.

Machine will run fine with Win Server 2003 installed on 1st SATA Drive.

Any other help would be appreciated

  _____