Skype over bluetooth? (yes, I have googled!)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Wed Oct 15 21:40:47 UTC 2008

2008/10/15 James Tappin <sjt at>:
> DC> In fact, I can play wav files with aplay over the bluetooth headset.
> DC> However, I cannot record sound with arecord.
> The corresponding action for input devices is "arecord -l".

hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Headset [BT Headset], device 0: Bluetooth SCO PCM [BT SCO PCM]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~$

However, no sound is recorded with "arecord -D bluetooth -f s16_LE
test.wav", and Skype complains like this:
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL bluetooth
ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:632:(bluetooth_a2dp_hw_params)
BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)

Dotan Cohen