how to get Openoffice.org 3.0

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:43:35 UTC 2008

Scott Berry wrote:
> 	Hello there,
>
> I am not seeing the word processor or any of the other items for
> Openoffice 3.0 in my Apllications menu.  What am I doing incorrectly?  I
> uninstalled the version which ships with Ubuntu currently.

If you installed via the debs, it got installed in /opt (your earlier
version was not touched at all). The binary you want to run is 'soffice'
in the directory:  /opt/openoffice.org3/program/

This page describes how to add a shortcut to the panel for this:
http://openofficedocs.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/install-openoffice-30-on-ubuntu/

Regards.

ever having been read.