Skype over bluetooth? (yes, I have googled!)

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:52:58 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Bluetooth is a wireless technology, there is nothing to plug in. After

Ah! Okay. For some reason I was thinking of a bluetooth dongle.
Nevertheless, the system should log if it detects any of such devices.
It should say something in /var/log/syslog. Correct me if I am wrong though.

> playing with the instructions on this thread on the ubuntu forums:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4910397
>
> I can now _hear_ Skype over the headset. However, I cannot use the
> microphone. Running arecord on the bluetooth connection returns no
> voice, and Skype complains "problem with audio capture". This is the
> console output:
> ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL bluetooth
> ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:632:(bluetooth_a2dp_hw_params)
> BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)

Have you checked what device is configured in Skype as input (it should
have that bluetooth mic)? Once your bluetooth is active, what is the
output of 'aplay -l' command in a terminal?

Regards.

ever having been read.