Lost Wireless with new 26.21 Kernel

Douglas Murray murray.dw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:51:55 UTC 2008

Hi All

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I run Ubuntu 8.04 with Kernel 26.19
and all runs fine(on eee 900) , until...  The system let me know that their
were upgrades waiting.  I initiated the update which created a new kernel
26.21 which disabled (and I can't see where) the wrreless interface ath0.

I verified the following:
   - Enabled in BIOS -- Yes
   - Hardware settings -- System sees both eth0 and ath0
   - NetworkManager sees both interfaces -- No, just eth0
   - Wireless indicator LED on -- Yes

Any suggestions? My short term workaround was to use the previous kernel
(via GRUB) but I would like to fix this.

Thank you in advance,

Doug!

--
Henry Kissinger "There can't be a Crisis, my schedule is full for next
week!"