postgresql-contrib-8.3: package does not install pgbench

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 14 14:30:06 UTC 2008

Gunnar Thielebein wrote:

> Package: postgresql-contrib-8.3
> Version: 8.3.3-0ubuntu0.8.04
> Severity: wishlist
>
> *** Please type your report below this line ***
>
> when looking in sources it is there and compiled correctly.
> either you use special path for this tool or its missing.
> theres also no entry in rules file.

I trust you realize that this is NOT an officially reported bug.  reportbug
is, as always, broken.

Anyway, "it works for me":

$ dlocate pgbench
postgresql-contrib-8.2: /usr/share/doc/postgresql-contrib-8.2/README.pgbench.gz
postgresql-contrib-8.2: /usr/share/doc/postgresql-contrib-8.2/README.pgbench_jis.gz
postgresql-contrib-8.2: /usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/pgbench

and a quick check of
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/postgresql-contrib-8.3/filelist

shows it in the corresponding place:
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/pgbench