time zone install ssetting

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:53:14 UTC 2008

Yes. I tried definitely to do that, and I have ubuntu configured to then
show chilean and norwegian time, which works nice. What I want it to show in
addition is
"UTC", universal coordinated time, which is NOT on the list of options
ubuntu offer.
It is NOT good enough to show british time, since that is polluted by
daylight saving time, which is not a part of "UTC". That is, it is the
concept "UTC" which is needed, and not time at any geographic location!
Thanks,

Kjetil halvorsen

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 15:54 -0300, Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> > For my, I want the ubuntu clock to show _both_ local time and UTC
> > (and maybe some other ...)
>
> I didn't find an earlier post from you about this subject, so forgive me
> if I give the answer to the wrong question.
>
> But did you try to click the clock applet on the panel and then expand
> the little arrow next to the text "Locations" at the bottom?

"Perhaps there is no such thing as unilateral power. After all, the man 'in
power' depends on receiving information all the time from outside. He
responds to that information just as much as he 'causes' things to
happen...it is an interaction, and not a lineal situation. But the myth of
power is, of course, a very powerful myth, and probably most people in this
world more or less believe in it. It is a myth, which, if everybody believes
in it, becomes to that extent self-validating. But it is still
epistemological lunacy and leads inevitably to various sorts of disaster."
                -- Gregory Bateson