[Intrepid] Network Manager button disappeared from notification bar

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Sun Oct 12 20:15:00 UTC 2008

Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> With the most recent extensive Intrepid beta upgrade my Network
> Manager access to configuration icon/button has vanished. Networking
> is functioning but it's a bit disconcerting to have this happen.
> Before this the button was in a permanent "disconnected" state, even
> though networking was functioning. Two questions. Did this happen to
> anyone else? How do I put it back?

It did to me briefly, but a subsequent update put it right. The new one
is superior as it seems to identify a favorite wireless network and
automatically come up on that network at startup. Just curious, did you
do the dist-upgrade using the wireless or the wired network?

YMMV

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............