inatalling from WUBI

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Oct 12 18:43:28 UTC 2008

Martin Buchholtz wrote:
> Can anyone help me understand the following error message and how to correct the situation?
> I am trying to install Ubuntu 8.04.1 using WUBI on an HP794n    running XP.service pack 2  I have tried installing on a clean NTFS partition and  on the C: drive which is NTFS.  The install completes without problem.  When Ubuntu starts up I always get the same error message:
> "No root file system is defined.  Please correct this from the partitioning menu"
> I had previously tried installing from a CD.  same error message
> Thanks,
> Martin Buchholtz

    What should happen is after you tell it to load it will reboot and
then YOU need to click the Ubuntu tab. Then wait a few minutes and it
will finish loading and you will have Ubuntu or Windows selectable.

    If this does not happen then there is a problem I can't find from
what you have said.

Karl

Karl

--