[Intrepid] Sound blues are back, phase 3.

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Sat Oct 11 20:18:10 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 23:29 -0700, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> So far I can get sound in Firefox (Flash) and with VLC, but so far no
>> luck with things that seem to use gstreamer.
>>

> Nearly the same here, though I have no flash sound. Xine fails also,
> both with alsa and pulse plugin

I personally think pulse is not that good and wish there was a way to
remove it without removing gnome as well. (Try using Synaptic and
marking it for removal and you will see what I mean). I have been using
the command line in a terminal for my upgrades, as it seems to do a bit
better job than Update Manager. That might update the Flash plugin
correctly for you.

YMMV

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............