menu troubles 2

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:40:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Andrea M. G. Deganutti
<amgdega at livecom.it> wrote:
> Thanks for help!
>
>> > I am new to Ubuntu (but an enthusiast as most newbies) but I am getting
>> > first troubles: why an installed application doesn't appear in the main
>> > menu?
>> > I even removed the application and then re-installed it (via Synaptic
>> > Pack. manager) but no way to see it in menu.
>
> It is a very simple application: Album Shaper (photo organizing tool).
> It has its icon; when I click on Add/Remove button of Applications menu,
> Album Shaper is under Accessories group and it has the installation tick
> on it.
> But still it is not on menu.

Hi Andrea,

I just installed it and it appears in Applications->Graphics->Album Shaper.

If it's not there, try right-clicking the 'Applications' menu and
selecting 'Edit Menus'.  On the left pane, select 'Graphics', then
look to the right and make sure 'Album Shaper' has a check next to it.

HTH,
Chris