Samsung YP-5K Player and Ubuntu / Amarok

John Masters johnmasters at me.com
Fri Oct 10 20:07:19 UTC 2008

On 10 Oct 2008, at 09:35, Douglas Murray wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone use the Samsung YP-5K MP3 player with Amarok (or other
> software) on Ubuntu?
>
> I was hoping that the system would at the very least view it as a
> USB drive so that I can move files to/from the device.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Doug!

I have the Samsung YP-T9 and this worked fine with Amarok in 7.10.
Have not tried it in a later version. IIRC there is a firmware update
needed to get it to work properly. Try this link:-
http://samsung.t9.googlepages.com/

It's aimed at the T9 but should be applicable to the 5K. It's the only
best I've found that will play my .ogg files.

Regards, John
johnmasters at me.com