Install to USB without rebooting?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 10 00:41:56 UTC 2008

NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>  said:
> On 10/09/2008 11:38 AM, NoOp wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure what you mean about "without rebooting" - but if you
> > are looking to create something like a liveCD on a USB stick these
> > may help:
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BliveUSB
> >   http://klik.atekon.de/liveusb/
> >
> > etc.
>
> Sorry, forgot the link for Intrepid:
> http://ubuntu-8-1.blogspot.com/2008/09/ubuntu-liveusb-creator.html

Thanks for those, NoOp.  I've now been through some of them and have
come to the conclusion that my machine will not boot from USB no matter
what the BIOS says so it has been an exercise in futility.
At least that is the case /if/ the USB installation did actually work.
The key holds the correct files and passes the MD5sum comparison so
I've probably made some mistakes, myself, in the installation or BIOS
setup.  Maybe its time to get some newer hardware for myself.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes