Does "remember currently running application" work as I think it should?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Oct 8 19:20:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 19:10 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I was expecting "Remember currently running application" in Sessions
> to save my current running applications and restart them in the same
> places when I log in again.

It did for me, in general, until Hardy.

> However it doesn't seem to have done anything at all, when I logged
> out and restarted *nothing* was started up at all.

Same for me in Intrepid. I seem the have cursorily read somewhere a
while ago that there were some fundamental changes in gnome-session
format, but I was always to lazy to check it out, since I don't reboot
that often. Now I searched Launchpad, but came up empty