Intrepid, EeePc 1000, how to disable tapping on touchpad?

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 8 05:26:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 20:11 -0400, mhz at ubuntu.com wrote:
>> (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.15.2
>> Synaptics Touchpad no synaptics event device found
>> Query no Synaptics: 6003C8
>> (EE) Synaptics Touchpad no synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater
>> device
>> (EE) Synaptics Touchpad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
>> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Synaptics Touchpad"
>> (II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
>
> Good catch, now we know why the tab is not shown in the GUI :)
>
> Adam McDaniel maintains a kernel for Hardy (and maybe Intrepid) that
> contains enhancements for the eeePC, among those being an "elantech"
> module for your touchpad. Check it out: http://www.array.org/ubuntu/

yes, indeed, he's doing a terrific job. I followed the instructions
for the kernel (at least, as far as I can tell, hehehe) on his
web...still no success. Oh, but I have not tried specific instructions
for "elantech".
I will.

Thanks!

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]