Sharing a hard disk on the network NFS of Samba?

Felipe DOMINGUEZ felipe.dominguez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:35:42 UTC 2008

Hello.

I would like to share a hard disk on the network, I have tried with samba,
and follow the instruction on the ubuntu documentation. it works to share a
local folder on the computer but it does not work to share the mounted hard
disk.

Then reading around I discover that it may be better to use NFS, and event
that there is an NFS over TCP instead of UDP which is faster than samba and
more reliable. Is it this true?

can you recommend a nice NFS tutorial? again I have found many, is just that
some of them date on 2002, and I know there are new versions NFS.

When can I get good and updated documentation on NFS?

thanks in advance.

Felipe

--
Jamón Ibérico de Bellota ( 3 años)