tracker

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Oct 7 11:49:18 UTC 2008

norman wrote:

>> I would suggest you take it for a spin and see if you like it, or that
>> it's useful to you.  You never know until you try.
>>
> Tracker came with Ubuntu 8.04 so it is there on my machine. I think I
> might have used it once or twice in 5 months. So this brings me to the
> second part of my question, will it cause any problems if I remove it?
>
> Norman

I wouldn't think so.  I've pulled KDE4's semantic desktop options from
my system without any trouble.  I don't think you'd have trouble pulling
it from yours.

Caveat: I've never tried it in Ubuntu (removing it) so I cannot
guarantee that.  So, if you remove it and it breaks horribly, I have
made my disclaimer.

:)

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support