Unsubscribing

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Oct 7 08:23:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 06:49:18PM -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:

> >> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
> >>
> >> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
> >> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
> >>
> >> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> >
> > Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
> > request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
> > to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
> > unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
> > change settings/unsubscribe, etc.
> >
> > Nigel.
> >

> That's silly,, I've never memorized a mailing list password my whole
> life,, whenever I need to change something, I just click the "I'm a
> idiot who doesn't know his password button" and one gets e-mailed to me.

For all my "not very secure" password requirements I use a simple
algorithm, a memorable (for me) word plus the last three letters of
the list name backward appended to the end.  Thus my password for this
list is <myspecialword>utn.

Easy to remember and different for every list (and other low security
requirement).  <myspecialword> is one that won't be found by most
dictionary searches by the way.

--
Chris Green