Newbie question...

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at jiwire-member.com
Tue Oct 7 05:09:33 UTC 2008

Hi!  I'm new to Ubuntu and right now I'm just trying out the live CD.
It's nice but there's one problem I'm having.  I'm using a HP Compaq
nx6325 laptop and it has a Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g wireless network card
in it.  The problem is that Ubuntu reports that the driver firmware is
proprietary so the driver isn't set up for my WiFi card.

So am I correct in assuming that since I'm using a live CD that I will
not be able to take the steps necessary to set up the driver for that
card?