Sound blues are back.

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Tue Oct 7 03:32:38 UTC 2008

Today when I fired up this system, I had no sound at all. This is a Sony
laptop running Intrepid. I know it should work as it works from the Live
CD. I have no idea whatsoever about this Pulseaudio system, it seems
overly confusing and not at all user friendly. This is the kernel I am
running ( 2.6.24-21-386 )  and with it I can get the "fanfare" when
gnome opens but nothing else. The newer kernel doesn't even give me
that. I'm hoping that as Intrepid "matures" these problems might be
addressed but if anyone has any ideas. I did add myself to the "pulse"
group.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............